Hello?
Is it me
you’re looking for?
Tuesday, July 31, 2012

It has been quite some time since my last update – I believe about two some years? And a lot has changed within these past couple years in our little design community. Many of my friends and affiliates have gone MIA and others have continued on and developed into something more than just design, such as Skye. As for myself, I still love designing and here I am, despite my long disappearance.

A new look for Junk&Trash plus a large renovation and migration. I wanted to do this for quite some time but never got around to it until early this year while redesigning Junk&Trash – I am now using WordPress as my CMS. Although I’ve been using for a long time with my blog, The Grey Giraffe, I never got around to using for Junk&Trash.

First, I completely redid the Textures and uploaded a brand new series of textures and got rid of the old ones – well, I might bring a couple of them back.

Second, the layout designs have been pruned save for several and the others may never come back (unless I decide to spruce of the designs – but laziness may get the best of me) and I have added a new design: Static Height. I hope you enjoy that.

Third, the redesign of Junk&Trash was made possible by the great textures that Raventhird of Resurgere created and this marks layout number fifteen since 2006. It’s been a long time!

And last, I am glad to have Yui of Absurdist as an affiliate. She is a fantastic designer and for those who never visited her site, do so! And on that vein, affiliation is open, please contact me if you would like to be affiliates and friends!

8 Responses to Hello?
Is it me
you’re looking for?

1. Hiro 01 August, 2012 at 9:45 pm

Welcome back! I LOVEEE the layout. So “simplistic” and yet so pretty.

2. Ellada 05 August, 2012 at 5:36 pm

Hey! You think I forgot about you? NEVER!

It is good to have you back and active. You have been MIA for a while and I hope you can continue being active because you are extremely talented and people need to see that.

I always think that simple is better and you are definitely one that can make less look more.

I also visited your portfolio site with your illustrations and I am speechless. I would give constructive criticism explaining why I love them instead of just saying they are “nice” but I do not have such an intense vocabulary! Haha. As I said, you are talented.

In the meantime, I am working on my new portfolio site. I will let you know when it is done. :)

I hope all is well with you. Keep designing and illustrating!

3. Erica 05 August, 2012 at 6:43 pm

Haha :) I didn’t forget about you, too! But you also disappeared!

Thank you, Ellada, and I am very excited that you’re working on a new portfolio site. You are also very talented and thus, cannot stay off the face of the design world too long! Please, please let me know when you are done with your new site!

All is well as I hope you are, too, and I will continue to design and to illustrate.

4. Ellada 05 August, 2012 at 8:52 pm

Haha! Yes I did disappear but I sent e-mails saying that I will be gone but I will come back. ;P

All is well with me too! I am almost done with it so it’ll be really soon when I finish.

5. Cat 07 August, 2012 at 3:05 pm

It’s good to see you back! This new layout looks great, and it’s so clean looking :) I’m having some trouble with the navigation though. The submenu keeps disappearing before I can hover over it =/

I hope to see more new designs!

6. Erica 07 August, 2012 at 3:57 pm

That’s odd. It works fine from here and when I tested with Adobe’s Browserlab. May I ask what browser you are using?

7. Cat 08 August, 2012 at 9:18 am

I’m on Chrome. It’s a little better in Firefox, but it’s still kind of inconsistent. Sometimes it works, and sometimes it hides too quickly =/

8. Erica 08 August, 2012 at 11:55 am

Hmm :/ That is very interesting. I tested it in Chrome and it works – although if my mouse slips too fast, the drop down disappears. I’ll play around with it a bit. <- I feel like the guy selling Harry the wand, “Curious…very curious…” xD